Child and teen therapy, also known as child counseling, child psychology, behavioral counseling, and family therapy, is a form of therapy that supports children and teenagers with emotional or behavioral issues.
Parents often seek out counseling for their children or teenagers because they are struggling with one of the following issues:
• Behavioral issues in school
• Concentration issues in school
• Issues arising from divorce
• Bullying, including cyberbullying
• Emotional issues such as sadness, irritability, or low self-esteem
• Anxiety or depression
• Traumatic life events such as the death of a family member or friend
Dr. Levin has been helping children, adolescents, and teens for over 25 years, and is highly trained in dealing with child and teen specific issues. He is a past president of the New Jersey chapter of a prestigious children’s therapy organization. During therapy, Dr. Levin specializes in helping his patients:
• Articulate and express their emotions and inner thoughts
• Cope with their environments (e.g., school, home)
• Realize how their own thoughts can affect their mood and behavior
• Work to change their behaviors, which often leads to emotional and mood changes
Dr. Levin tailors his therapy to the unique needs of each child or teen, but primarily uses a combination of different techniques including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Play Therapy, and Behavioral Therapy. Dr. Levin is also an expert at diagnosing and treating behavioral disorders such as ADHD, depression, and OCD.
Just as Dr. Levin has helped hundreds of children and teenagers, he can also help your loved ones.
Call today at (732) 492-9132 for an initial evaluation.